The Great Debate: Buying Vs. Leasing an Audi at McKenna Audi
It always pays to do your homework, especially when you're in the market for your next vehicle. But between comparing the latest Audi models and the competition, many people overlook the opportunity to read up on an equally crucial decision in the car shopping process: whether to buy or lease. While both options will get you behind the wheel of exciting Audi car, they each present unique opportunities in how you'll do so. So, in the interest of providing you with the best possible information on which to base your decision, we here at McKenna Audi have put together a little breakdown of the differences and benefits of buying or leasing an Audi with us.
Leasing an Audi
- Newer is Better: If you're the first one in line when a new phone or film comes out, leasing may be the perfect option for you. Leasing is typically only an option on new models, which is fantastic for those looking to get behind the wheel of Audi's latest and greatest, and experience all the new, innovative features they have in store.
- Bye-Bye Maintenance Fees: Like having your car in tip-top shape? So do we! When you lease a new Audi vehicle, you'll enjoy shorter lease terms, typically ranging between 24 and 36 months. That means that during the time you're driving the car, you're under warranty and you won't pay a dime in maintenance fees. However, you will still be responsible for any maintenance outside normal wear and tear, so make sure to drive responsibly.
- Lower Monthly Payments: When you choose to lease a car, you're paying the lease to drive it, not own it outright. That means that overall, you'll be paying significantly less in monthly payments than you would be with a car loan.
Buying an Audi
- Own Your Audi: Choosing to buy an Audi outright is just as it sounds. You'll have the freedom to choose either a new or used Audi, apply for a car loan to purchase it, and pay the loan off over time. You'll likely have higher monthly payments than leasing, but your car will be yours to do with as you wish!
- Drive As Much As You Want: Typically when signing an Audi lease, you'll agree to a mileage limit, and exceeding that can mean incurring additional fees. However, when you purchase an Audi car, there are no limits on how far you can drive it, so go ahead and plan all the family road trips you want!
- Freedom to Sell Your Audi: As we said before, once you purchase an Audi, you're free to do with it as you wish. So, when you've gotten all you want out of ownership, you're free to sell it privately, or trade it in with us. Whereas an Audi lessee would have to turn in their vehicle in at the end of lease, you'll get some cash back from the sale of your Audi that you can roll right in to getting a new vehicle!
Learn more about financing or leasing an Audi at McKenna Audi
Now that you've read a little bit about what makes buying and leasing an Audi unique, we hope that your choice is a little clearer. However, if you'd like to go over the pros and cons of each option in a little more depth, we'd be only too happy to help out. Feel free to stop in to our dealership in Norwalk any time. We're just a short drive away from most communities in the greater Los Angeles area and our finance center staff are always eager to help you explore your options.